Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Escape - work in progress

Its dark, the moist stale air fill my lungs.  I rummage through my pack to pull out a candle and light it.  The soft glow from the flame reveals the earthen tone of sandstone highlighted by dust covered cobwebs. I look down at my wrists, there is a red mark around them like I was bound, but I remember nothing.  I was at a bar getting a pint and I awake here.  Something must have happened, someone must have seen.  I try to fight the panic and remember to stay calm.  Will anyone know that I am missing?  I was only in town for a few short days, I was hired by the university to help in dig of some supposed occult artifacts.  I stand up and grab my satchel and throw it over my shoulder.  I appear to be at the end of a hallway, but there is not any evidence of how I got here.  The cobwebs covering the walls are undisturbed and a thick layer of dirt covers the floors.  

I need to do something, staying around here will solve nothing.  How can i expect anyone to find me if I don't know where I am or how I was able to get here unknowingly.  I hold the candle in front of me and start down the tunnel.  Using my hand I maneuver my way around the webs, trying not to set them alight. 

No comments: